More Than Meets The Mogwai

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A MOVIE ORGY in more ways than one...


Through sheer good luck and the kind offering of a couch to crash on, I was able to make a pilgrimage to the recent Joe Dante festival at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles, arriving just in time for the last night of the double-bill of THE SADIST and THE PRIVATE FILES OF J. EDGAR HOOVER (seated in front of me? John Landis!) and staying on for the transcendental showing of the almost never-seen THE MOVIE ORGY just this past Tuesday. (To put it into perspective, the last time this assemblage of 16mm film clips, trailers, television spots, game show absurdities, and other odd ephemera screened was -- before I was born!)

The rest of my trip was even better, with sights seen and heroes met, but for now, I feel indebted to point to my friend Dennis Cozzalio's ecstatic, glowing, mesmerizing review of said MOVIE ORGY. It may be the next best thing to having actually been there...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home